Obsessed with Pinterest as we are? Follow us! Then check out our favorite techie Pinterest pins from this week that you might have missed.
1. This awesome iPhone case is making us very excited about the return of Arrested Development.
2. A smart household gadget that we can't believe no one thought of sooner.
3. We've got a whole board full of techie Father's Day gifts, like this amazing golf glove. You won't believe what it can do.
4. Don't hit the road for Memorial Day without downloading these cool apps for preschoolers.
5. We're completely obsessed with this awesome camera app. When you see it, you'll understand why!
Discounts, perks, rewards--they all sounded reeeeally good when we signed up for all those membership programs. Until we end up with a lot of cards taking up wallet space and we never bother cashing in on all those benefits.
Oh Appy Day! is our ongoing feature giving you the scoop on the coolest apps from some of the coolest people anywhere. Last week, our Editor Kristen Chase had the chance to talk to actor and dad Ethan Hawke and find out his favorite app, just in time for Father's Day.
With Father's Day coming up June 16, we're already looking for some of the coolest tech gifts for dad. Since I've always had a heart for handmade, I'm loving the idea of bringing both sensibilities together with these great-looking leather cases.
With the throngs of cult fans (us included) cheering the 14 new espisodes of Arrested Development coming exclusively on Netflix in a strong effort to make the service more relevant, of course now tons of AD-inspired products are popping up and riding the wave of buzz.
Gamers everywhere have been eagerly anticipating today's big Xbox announcement from Microsoft - especially because it has been almost eight years since the original Xbox console was launched, and close to three since the introduction of Xbox 360 with Kinect. (I guess 3 years is like decades in gamer years?)
Judging from the newest features, Xbox One was definitely an update worth waiting for. Here's the scoop for families, on whether this is one to add to your holiday wishlist.
If you're like us, then your Facebook feeds and Twitter streams were suddenly filled with news links and hashtags about the Oklahoma tornadoes yesterday.
As we send our deepest thoughts to the families that have been affected, we wanted to share simple ways that you can use technology to help, and to connect with family members and loved ones. Be safe, mamas.
- The American Red Cross is always a good place to start (photo below), and you can use your cell phone to donate $10 by texting REDCROSS to 90999.
-To donate to the OK Food Bank (image at top) which will help those in immediate need, you can text FOOD to 32333 to give $10 to help with relief efforts [via OK local, Whoorl, who has other good tips]
- You can follow and retweet the Red Cross Oklahoma City Twitter feed and check the #okwx hashtag for shelter and other pertinent rescue information.
-Google's Online OK Crisis Map helps detail the area hit, in case you're worrying about loved ones. You can look up Red Cross centers, track other storm reportsand more.
- Use the Safe & Well online service to look up family members who may have been affected.
-Donate money directly to Oklahoma Disaster Relif online through reputable local organizationsl like BCGO (via MomSpark) or the United Way of Central Oklahoma's Disaster Relief. Please do not send clothes; while we all want to help in any way we can, money is what's needed most right now.
Be safe everyone. You are in our thoughts and hearts right now. -Kristen + Liz
With all of the tech toys I get to play with in my job, I wouldn't exactly say that extension cords top the list of my "oooh and aaah" gadgets. But a new one called nuplug that I've recently come across might just buck that notion.
If your penchant for good design ideas and locations goes beyond flipping through an IKEA catalog (or maybe even Pinterest), you will appreciate the eye candy in this excellent new Android app made in collaboration with Wallpaper* magazine.