We think you can all agree that with everything going on, it’s a smart idea to have a few little distractions to take your mind off things. For Liz, that’s often a game on her phone. But for Kristen, well, let’s just say she’s a little out of practice with the gaming. So, on this episode of Out-Tech Your Kids, Liz shares her favorite new games (beyond Words with Friends and Candy Crush) that she’s loving right now. Get ready! You’re going to want to download these.
You can listen right now to our podcast – it’s just 15 minutes – and then please be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen) so you never miss an episode.
A few of the games from our show
– First off, we’re digging Apple Arcade. It’s $4.99/month for up to 6 family members, with tons of games, no ads, and unlimited play. You can try it with their free trial.
– Dear Reader (below) is a clever, fun, and beautifully designed word game, which uses text from classic books from Brave New World to Jane Austen.
– Card of Darkness is a super popular puzzle game where you slay monsters, cast spells, and work your way through boards by drawing the right cards.
– Grindstone is the game Liz got totally addicted to earlier this year. It’s a really engaging puzzle game meets battle game that’s funny and irreverent.
– We’re big fans of Zach Gage games, like Spelltower, his newest one, Typeshift, and Letterpress. They’re super fun word-type games.
We’ve got a bunch more recos, so make sure to listen to the episode so you hear all of them!
From our sponsor
Out-Tech Your Kids is graciously brought to you by Sofia Family, and their screen time manager, which can be controlled by a single app on your phone or tablet. It’s built to work across all your devices, both on and offline, created by a dad of four who was sick of fighting with his kids about screen time.
With the Sofia Family Hub plugged into your media center and the app on all mobile devices, Sofia Family works to help parents manage screen time and teach balance, something we could all use. Head over to their website to learn more!